What is C Language? – C is a programming language introduced in 1972. A designed and written by Dennis Ritchie. A C language reputation and popularity grew around the world without any advertising. It was the fortune of C to May programmer preferred it instead of another popular language that time like an ALGOL, PL/I and FORTRAN. It’s a short introduction to the “C programming language”.
C programming important features include:
Here are the some features are in C, it can be your interview question in internal or external marks.
- Simple – A simple programming language with a limited keyword. A structural approach to help a problem into parts.
- Portable – C is machine independent programming language, means it can run it on a different system like Windows, Mac etc. Portability means can run on different system environment (Operating Systems).
- Memory management – C Language Allocated a dynamic memory and any memory can release by using a free() function.
- Speed – C is Faster than a BASIC and others because its execution time is less. And C programming has lesser number of inbuilt functions and hence the lesser overhead.
- Mid-level programming language – C has capabilities of an assembly language with features of a high-level language. That’s by its called a Mid-level Programming language.
- Function Rich Libraries – C has a collection of function which makes development fast. You can also add your own library.
- Easy to Extend – One more important feature of C program its ability to extend itself. Easly adobe new functions.
Why learn C language?
One of the most obvious question in very new learner is why learn the C Programming? When today so many Languages available like Java and Python? Here are several reasons to still learn C programming language nowadays.
- There are many believe without C/C++ no one can learn java directly. (I am not thinking its true but still depend on person to person)
- While learning an object oriented based programming language (e.g Java) you have to also go through a various concept like – Class, Object, Inheritance, Polymorphic etc. This is little complicated when you enter a programming world. So, C Programming languages will give you a comfortable start in a programming career.
- Even latest Operating systems (Android, Mac, Unix etc) are written in C because of its performance.
- Many devices like a washing machine, microwave oven etc,
are needto run fast and take less memory. The c programming language is still using to make such application.
- C language provides a closely
What is C programming?
Where C programming language used? Or what are some example of it?
Here are some example of using a C Programming in the Real world objects. Some are purely written in C or some are the combination of other programming languages. Like Assembly language, C++, Object C,
- Operating systems – Windows, Apple – iOS, Unix, Linux etc.
- Computer games –
- Embedded Systems – Interfacing programming, hardware programming and kernel (OS) programming
- PC applications
- Language Interpreters – Python interpreter reference is written in C programming.
- Databases – MySql
- Text Editors
- Print Spoolers
- Network Drivers
How to learn C programming?
The C programming language is reliable simple and easy to use in applications. Many new systems were based on it like Android OS, Windows, and even Macintosh. C language is not so hard to learn compared to other leading programming languages because many people suggest to first learn C before any other
Let’s see How to learn C language step by step:
- Install the C IDE
- Learn basic Syntax of C programming
- Write First C Hello World Program and run
Just follow this step for start a programming in C. If you have any doubt and suggestion then do comment in below.