HTML is a Hyper Text Markup Language, which used for web designing, web applications. HTML is first to step to learn web application development. It’s not the same as other programming languages like Python, Java etc. In this tutorial, we will see “HTML Hello World Example”.
Making First HTML web page which print ” HTML hello world “, you need some basic of structure and some basic tags to use in HTML.
HTML hello world examples
You can just write code in text editor (notepad) or use any Web support IDE (check end of the tutorial list of free IDE). We are using a basic Text editor. For that you have to follow these steps:
- Open Text editor
- Write the HTML code
- Save it with
“.html” file extension.
- Open this file any browser- Chrome, Safari etc.
See below your first HTML page example code. You have to write the same code in
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h1>HTML First Program</h1> <p>HTML Hello World.</p> </body> </html>
HTML hello world code structure
Here is basic HTML 5 skeleton, not included <head> and <title> tag.
HTML basics Tags
Here is HTML basic Tags with Explanation of code
- <!DOCTYPE html> – It specifies the rules for the markup language so that the browsers render the content correctly.
- <html></html> – Start and End tag is tell internet browser about code.
- <title></title> – A web page title, it will show in browser tab.
- <body></body> – What content written inside body tag with other TAG will display in the web browser as an output.
List of IDE’s for Web Application Development
- JetBrains PyCharm Community Edition (free) – https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/
- JetBrains WebStorm (Commercial) – https://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/
- Apache NetBeans (free) – https://netbeans.org
- Eclipse (free) – https://www.eclipse.org/ide/
- Atom (Free) – https://atom.io/
- Sublime Text (Commercial) – https://www.sublimetext.com/
- Brackets – http://brackets.io/
- Notepad++ (Windows only) – https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.html
Do comment if you have any other IDE to use. Write comment if nay doubt and suggestions.
Note: The HTML hello world examples is tested on Safari browser (Version 12.0.2).
OS : macOS 10.14 Mojave
Degree in Computer Science and Engineer: App Developer and has multiple Programming languages experience. Enthusiasm for technology & like learning technical.