It used to create a Website and web pages. An extension of HTML file is dot html or htm.
History of HTML
An Initial release of HTML is 1993. Its code type in Text and internet media type is “text/html“.
How its look like, what are the basic syntax of it?
For that you have to use a open and close bracket with any one of a tag. Like below we used a p tag which used for write a paragraph.
<p> Write a some paragraphs </p>
There is bunch of tag in html like <h1>, <a>, <div>, <form> , etc. You need to do same as above open the tag, write content then close the tag.
But not a every html has required to close. For e.g <hr> tag which stand for Horizontal Row, don’t have a closing tag.
How does it Work?
Here is whole code with <p> tag. It works within a this parents tag, and inside by last <body> tag. You will only see the output in browser which is written in <p> tag.
Anything written in <p> tag will visual in the browser another part like <html> tag will not show.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> </head> <body> <h2>My First Heading</h2> <p> My first paragraph. </p> </body> </html>
HTML Page structure | Basic
As you see the above example following this a basic HTML code structure. Explanation of What called as what in the example.
HTML Example | Live
Here is file code of HTML Example and demo link.
Feature of HTML | Important
- HTML is a simple and easy markup language. It does not need experience in programming.
- Its use to creates a website or web pages.
- For web programming its used
- HTML is easy to build a basic Website
- Supported all browsers and almost all latest framework (PhoneGap, Angular JS, Bootstrap)
- You can create only static pages with HTML, for dynamic website you need to use another programming languages.
- Its need lot of line code for only create a simple webpage.
- A very Security feature.
What is HTML used for?
Online HTML editor link – Free HTML Editor
Note: All example is in HTML5, if you are using the above version then maybe some method depreciated and if using lover version like HTML4, then some tags not supported.