This puzzle involves trying to figure out which switch controls each of the three light bulbs in a room, with the catch that you can only enter the room once. The solution involves a clever strategy of turning switches on and off in a specific order to deduce which switch controls each bulb.
3 Bulbs and 3 Switches Puzzle solution
Assume that the three bulbs in the room are labeled as X, Y, and Z. To figure out which switch controls each bulb, follow these steps:
- Turn on switch X and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off switch X and turn on switch Y.
- Open the door and feel the bulbs to determine which switch controls each bulb.
Based on your observations, you can conclude the following:
- If bulb Y is on, then switch Y controls bulb Y.
- If bulb X is warm to the touch, then switch X controls bulb X.
- If bulb Z is cold to the touch, then switch Z controls bulb Z.
Using this method, you can determine which switch controls each bulb by only entering the room once.