Learn how to cut a round cake into 8 equal pieces with only 3 cuts! This puzzle will test your spatial reasoning and critical thinking skills.
What is the method to cut a birthday cake into 8 equal pieces with only 3 cuts?
3 cuts to cut the round cake into 8 equal pieces Solution
- First, cut the cake horizontally into two equal pieces using the first cut. You now have two halves of the cake.
- Place these two halves one on top of the other, aligning them properly so that they match exactly.
- Make the second cut by slicing vertically through the center of the two stacked halves. This will create 4 equal quarters of the cake.
- Now separate the four quarters into two groups, each with two quarters, by making the third cut horizontally through the center of the stacked quarters.
- Finally, make the last cut by slicing vertically through the center of the two stacks, creating 8 equal pieces.
Degree in Computer Science and Engineer: App Developer and has multiple Programming languages experience. Enthusiasm for technology & like learning technical.