The list has many attributes and methods that you can use. Here are attributes of the list in Python:
- list.append(x) # append x to end of list
- list.extend(iterable) # append all elements of iterable to list
- list.insert(i, x) # insert x at index i
- list.remove(x) # remove first occurance of x from list
- list.pop([i]) # pop element at index i (defaults to end of list)
- list.clear() # delete all elements from the list
- list.index(x[, start[, end]]) # return index of element x
- list.count(x) # return number of occurances of x in list
- list.reverse() # reverse elements of list in-place (no return)
- list.sort(key=None, reverse=False) # sort list in-place
- list.copy() # return a shallow copy of the list
Note: The returned list contains the names of the methods as strings, not the methods themselves.
How to get List attributes Python?
Use the dir() function to get the List attributes in Python.
from pprint import pprint my_list = list() pprint(dir(my_list))
my_list = list() print(dir(my_list))
Another example code
my_list =  res = dir(my_list) print(res)
Do comment if you have any doubts or suggestions on this Python List topic.
Note: IDE: PyCharm 2021.3.3 (Community Edition)
All Python Examples are in Python 3, so Maybe its different from python 2 or upgraded versions.
Degree in Computer Science and Engineer: App Developer and has multiple Programming languages experience. Enthusiasm for technology & like learning technical.